Iowa is taking bold steps to transform education to ensure that every child in Iowa gets a world class education.
“Our goal can’t be just for Iowa students to be the best in the nation again,” says Governor Terry Branstad, “we must make sure Iowa students can compete with young people in countries with the highest performing schools.”
Iowa held an Education Summit in September to gather some of the best minds in the country to discuss and debate the best approaches for transforming education.
On October, 3rd, 2011, Iowa issued its blueprint to transform education in Iowa. The blueprint, “One Unshakable Vision: World-Class Schools for Iowa,” represents a long-term, reform-minded policy direction that builds from Iowa’s strengths and adopts whole system improvements with lessons learned from the highest-performing systems in the world.
The leadership of the Iowa Education Summit wanted to ensure widespread participation in the event. They engaged JDL Horizons to:
• Stream the event live on the internet using the Iowa Department of Education’s EduVision video web-portal: educateIowa.EduVision.tv
• Video interviews with key education leaders, also found at eSchoolNews.com/video
• Video four roundtables that involved CEOs, school administrators, teachers, and students
• Create a video being used in Town Meetings with the Governor across the state
• Train students from Van Meter Junior-Senior High School to produce a video of the student roundtable hosted by Governor Branstad and Lt. Governor Reynolds.
"Preparing students for real world connections by leading an important video production engages them both in their learning and provides students with a positive experience that creates both confidence and character”
-- Thomas Lapping, JDL's President.
The response to the blueprint has been enthusiastic, and the team is gathering input from the public to improve the blueprint before it is presented to the legislature.
About EduVision by JDL Horizons
EduVision from JDL Horizons is a full-featured video streaming platform and Internet Broadcast Television service that allows you to upload and run your video on your website. It’s fast. It’s easy. It’s simple to use. Virtually no hardware or training is required. And it’s cost-effective: an affordable annual subscription easily within reach of almost any organization or individual – schools, nonprofits, small businesses, associations, and more. Learn more: https://www.eduvision.tv
To learn more about safe and secure video streaming or to learn more about JDL’s training for Student Broadcast Team training and development please see www.JDLHorizons.com or call JDL at 612.208.6650.